Cat Flaps Fitting
Learn all things cat flap with this Q&A
Q: What should I do to have my cat flap fitted in a glass unit?
A: For a single glass window, you need a circular hole in the glass. This job can be easily completed by your local glazier. However, a double glazed window or door require a new unit to be made with the hole cut. At this point, our cat flap fitters can help you with the installation process when this pre-work is already done.
Q: In what type of doors you can fit my cat flap if I have the hole already cut?
A: If you have some of these types of doors and the hole is already cut we can install your new cat flap in short order.
- Aluminium and metal skinned doors
- Glass doors
- Composite doors
- Double/Single Glazed Units
- Sliding patio doors
- French doors
If you have a wooden door we can cut it on the site and install your cat flap in no time!
Q: What is the average time to have my cat flap fitted?
A: The installation process may take around 1 hour when fitting the flap in a wood door. For a brick wall, the installation may take 2-4 hours, depending on the wall type – single or double brick wall.
Q: What types of cat flaps can you install?
A: Each cat flap fitter at London Extra Handyman has worked on various cat door projects in the past and is committed to providing a quality service. Thus, your pro will have no trouble fitting any of the following pet door types:
- 4 way cat flap
- 2 way cat flap
- Infrared collar key cat flap
- Magnetic collar key cat flap
- Microchip cat flap
Q: If I decide to remove my cat flap can my door be repaired?
A: Unfortunately, your wooden door should be replaced, but don’t worry, we can install your new door in a quick and professional manner.
Q: Do you offer dog flap fitting?
A: If you have already bought your new dog flap, we can precisely cut a hole in your wooden door and complete the installation.
Q: Why should I opt for London Extra Handyman?
A: A quick search online will reveal that many of our clients left positive feedback for our services. This is because the experts love their job and you can always count on them to provide your pet with a convenient doorway to your fascinating yard. Whether you need a high-tech microchip or magnetic cat door installation, the polite pros will fit any type with attention to detail.
- Professional & Experienced. All our handymen come from multi-trade backgrounds, have decades of experience, communicate well and understand the importance of customer service.
- Quick Response Times. We can usually offer you Same-day or Next-day appointments.
- Specific Arrival Times. We agree a 60 minute window of arrival time. So no need to wait in all day.
- London Extra Service from Booking to Billing. All our work is delivered with unmatched London Extra Service.
- Six Day Service. We offer appointments from 08:00-17:00 Monday to Saturday at the same great value rates.
- We’ve got London Covered. We cover all London as well as TW, KT, CR, BR postal codes.
- All our Work is Guaranteed & Insured. We offer a 12 month guarantee on all labour and parts we supply.